1/4 - 1/3 cup sugar, depending on desired sweetness
1 -1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Microwave the butter on low with the rosemary until the butter is melted
- Pour the butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until blended
- Place the dough in either an 8x8 baking pan, or a pie plate. Press the dough in with your fingers.
- Prick the dough with a fork
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cut into squares or wedges while still hot